I Changed My Mind about the World
Now that I am older and have a teenager I feel that it’s necessary to talk to my son about the dangers in the streets. When I was his age it was not as scary as it is now. Times have changed kids have changed their bikes for guns. As a parent you pray that nothing happens to your child at school or on their way home from school.
Before I became a parent I would see the world so different. Now when I see the news and read the newspaper I feel that our children are not safe anywhere. As a parent it’s important to discuss the dangers that are out there, since you cannot be with them at school. I always ask my daughter’s “is there kid in your class or school that is being mean to you”? They are aware of what a bully is so they say no mom. I say if you have a problem with some kid let me know right away. Kids now and days don’t just have to deal with just violence around them, but with bullying in schools.
Our world is a very scary place for these innocent children. As a parent I tell them what to do and why it’s important for me to know what is going on. I remember as a kid my mom would be ok with me babysitting my sibling and I was like 10 years old. As far as me, I would not let me son watch my daughters. You never know what can happen. You cannot even be safe in our own home and I consider myself a control freak, so if anyone is going to watch my kids it’s me. This is the only way that I can be comfortable at work or school.
The best thing as a parent to do is have an open mind we may not like what we hear, but as long as they communicate with you that means you’re doing something right.
I agree. I have three younger siblings and i get very scared when i hear sirens i just think it might be them, but than again its impossible to be on there butts 24/7 beacuse im only 19 and remember how I was at there age.
ReplyDelete