Saturday, April 20, 2013

                                           Fast Food Experience
     After reading Fast Food Nation I see beef so different. It’s like I had a blind fold all these years about beef. Reading this very interesting book made me not enjoy burgers as I used to.  On Friday night I went to my god son’s birthday and they served burgers. I ate half of my burger and was fine with it. Will I go get a hamburger now after reading about what happens in the back ground most likely not?
    As a mother I make the choices for my children on what they eat. I have decided that I will be changing our eating habits. We will still eat chicken, pork and seafood.  Beef will be once every few months. I realized that eating beef cannot be healthy based on what happened to the cattle prior to getting on my plate. It also made me realize that even though I complain about my job, there are so many other people with much worst jobs than I. Reading about all the injuries and abuse was horrible and an eye opener.
    After Fast Food Nation I will make healthier choices for my family.  I would like to thank Ms. Crocker for introducing us to this book. I think a few of us will change our eating habits.

4 comments:

  1. yes it was so shocking on how many people get injured & how the womans get mistreated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear what your saying but I believe that the poultry and the Pig's are processed the same way as the beef. Good luck with the healthy choice eating and I think it's a great decision for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that this book has lead many to reflection not only on their diets but varied aspects of their life. I think its good that your re-evaluating what goes onto your family table. Fruit salads are great too :)

    ReplyDelete