The role that Fast Food played in my life as a young child was not as common as today. My mother made the majority of the meals and we would get Fast Food on the weekends not every weekend. On Sunday after church we either went to a family restaurant or to McDonald’s. Even if we went to the mall there are so many fast food places to eat and as a mom I can see why my mom wanted a break from cooking and we got Fast Food. As a child we would get the chicken nugget happy meals and as we got older we would get the Big Mac Value Meal.
Today Fast Food is a big part of my life not so much my kids. I tend to go out to eat lot during my lunch hour, I do not always get a hamburger and fries, but I do eat out a lot. Cooking after a long day becomes a hassle. Working five days a week and going to school four days a week is hard and tiring. It’s not a good enough reason, but if I have a hard day and I am too tired I do tend to go and get drive thru on the way home. Not every day but I have to say this week I went and bought Little Caesar’s pizza and we ate McDonald’s on Friday and Jack in the Box on Sunday evening. So I would say that we eat out as a family about three times a week that being the max. I do rely on it if I do not feel like cooking I know that I can get drive thru and that my family will not complain about dinner. This is why fast food places are so popular they are made for busy people like me. Even though it is convenient it does not mean that it’s good for you I mean fried food is not healthy, and it does make you gain weight like you would not believe.
I know that Fast Food is good doesn’t mean it’s good for you. It’s a bad habit to break especially because you crave it. So then you tend to go back over and over since they serve delicious tasty fries, milkshakes and cheeseburgers. Fast Food does not always consist of a burger and fries I mean there are so many fast food restaurants. We tend to think of fast food as burger and fries, but there is a Wendy’s and a Jack in the Box serve either a chili or tacos within two miles from home. That is how close and how many restaurants there is they are a mile to two miles distant from home. It is so convenient to just jump in your car and within minutes you have a meal. We live in a fast paced life and many of us work and fast food is convenient and an easy way to feed your family.
When i was a child i would only eat fast food on the weekedns.
ReplyDelete