Monday, February 11, 2013

Texting

                                                         
                                                          
           With the technology that we live in today texting can be considered the best or the worst depending on how you look at it.  A good thing about texting is that you can send a message without having to make a phone call at school, work or in a meeting.  You can send your family member a message without interruption. The bad part about it is that many young people are so hooked on texting it’s like a new drug. People have lost their lives when driving and texting. Many have killed themselves or have killed others by texting while driving. It can be considered as bad as driving under the influence. It’s amazing on how everyone is addicted, you do not only have to be young this is all ages. Whenever you go to a restaurant, look around to see how many people are talking and how many are messing with their phone. With our kids too, they are always so busy texting on face book or instagram.  You can be talking to them; they don’t even have a clue what you just said it can be annoying. All we can do is set rules during dinner no texting.

8 comments:

  1. I love the rule about no texting while eating. That’s already a rule that I have written down for when the time comes for me to deal with teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I text when i'm out on dinner dates, it's horrible. I should follow your rule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The no texting during dinner is a good idea. It is so true about everyone messing with their phones. I know that I am guilty of it. And it is so annoying when I am out with my friends and they are on their phones, which then gets me to go on my phone when we should just be hanging out and enjoying each other’s company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also see the samething at restaraunts. Unless your answering a quick text, I find it rude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with you when you say that everyone is addicted to texting. i constantly see drivers texting while driving and i agree with that it is a bad thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Texting and driving has became horrible and it increases everyday. In that case you might as well call the person at least you have your eyes on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your leaning in for a kiss and "buuzzzz" it's my friend sending me a text "How did you date go?" Mood killer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you, sometimes I go out with my brothers to dinner and I have to take their phones away because they will spend their whole night texting.

    ReplyDelete